POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another lighthouse (111kB) : Yet another lighthouse (111kB) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another lighthouse (111kB)
From: Marc
Date: 12 Apr 2007 11:55:51
Message: <461e5687@news.povray.org>
Hi

Here, on and off the western dangerous shores of France, we have a lot of
lighthouses. I keep on modeling some of them.
This one is the Creac'h (the Headland in Breton language) raised on the isle
of Ouessant at the entry of the Channel. It is one of the most powerful in
Europe. It can be seen from 150km.

Modeled in Moray... mostly CSG, some meshs, some isosurfaces (sea and land),
trace() used for the grass and I played with the compulsory IvyGenerator of
course :)
I unsucessfully tried to get rid of deformation of the tower due to
perspective :-(

Comments are welcome of course but I don't think I'll change many things.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'creach2_04_10.jpg' (112 KB)